Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Notepad


Notepad++ is an advanced, tabbed, text-editor that I have been using for a number of years now. It's always really impressed me and I don't think I've ever been left wanting for features (except for a Print Preview option; I don't need it often, but I do wish they'd add it in). What it does have is: more syntax highlighting options than I've ever seen; super-quick load time; easy-to-use, uncluttered work environment; macro capibility, etc.

The small team that puts together this product have just last week released a new version of the program (v5.8.3) and had over the summer opened a new website as well (previously, it was hosted as part of the SourceForge empire I believe).

If you're looking to do some hand-coded (x)HTML/CSS work, plan some SQL scripts, write some C# code or whatever, consider this program. It's 100% free ("as in 'free beer' or 'free speech'" according to the website) and gets my stamp of approval.

» Found at: notepad-plus-plus.org

No comments:

Post a Comment